If you’re looking to add a pop of vibrant green to your work or living space, look no further than the fabulous ficus!
“We love Ficus Audrey here in the store,” says Jeff. “It’s a lush and vibrant color but isn’t as finicky as some of the other ficus varieties.” We’re looking at you, Fiddle-leaf Fig.
“If you’re looking for something less dramatic than the fiddle-leaf fig, Audrey will definitely be the best bet,” Jeff says. “She’s still going to take the nice, indirect light and consistent, light watering, but Audrey is more versatile than a fiddle-leaf fig and comes in lots of different sizes.”
In fact, Ficus Audrey comes in so many configurations that she can really meet any need. Let Audrey flourish as a shrub or tree, keep her in your sunroom or on your deck, let her adorn your office or your front porch. Wherever you need a pop of green, Audrey is your gal because she acclimates well to new environments.
Ficus Audrey Care Instructions:
• Bright, indirect sunlight – ideally in an eastern-facing window or a few feet away from a southern- or western-facing window.
• Rotate Audrey periodically for even growth on all sides.
• Dust Audrey’s leaves often so that the plant can photosynthesize efficiently. A thin layer of fuzz lines Audrey’s leaves, so don’t apply leaf shine.
• Allow the top 2”-3” of the soil to dry between waterings. If the soil gets too dry, you may see leaf loss. If the soil gets too wet, root rot may occur.
• Fertilize Audrey once a month with a houseplant fertilizer, particularly from spring to fall.
• Your thriving Ficus Audrey will need to be repotted every 18-24 months in order to continue growing. Spring and summer are the ideal times for repotting.